SPRINGHILL SUITES BOCA RATON IS GOING GREEN – ENVIRONMENTALLY SUSTAINABLE HOTEL
“Going Green” is more than just a fad… it is essential to our success as a hotel, our role in corporate responsibility, and our collective well-being as a planet.
We have received the first annual Marriott “Spirit to Preserve” award. This prestigious award recognizes franchisees that are committed to operating environmentally sustainable hotels.
To learn more about this recognition please click here.
The Springhill Suites Boca Raton hotel has also received the Florida Green Lodging Program Designation. To become a designated member of the program, hotels must implement a variety of green practices. These practices include, but are not limited to, water conservation measures, a linen reuse program, and energy efficiency achieved by installing ENERGY STAR ® appliances and programmable thermostats.
We believe that environmental sustainability means good business! That’s why the SpringHill Suites Boca Raton is proud to be a leader in “greening” the hospitality industry in the state of Florida and beyond.
While utilizing sustainable practices in all aspects of our operations, our environmental focus is in the areas of Recycling and Conservation (through waste and consumption reduction). Below are a few examples of everyday practices that showcase our commitment to sustainability… across all departments of our hotel.
- We provide recycling receptacles in all guest rooms and public spaces for guests to dispose of paper, plastic, aluminum, and glass
- Our kitchen and pantry are equipped with a grease trap to collect and dispose of grease-waste on a regular basis
- Our meetings and catering team utilizes Bic biodegradable pens for use in meetings and events
- We ensure that all light bulbs, batteries, and electronic equipment are recycled properly
- We provide recycling bins in all “back-of-house” areas for all team members to recycle appropriate materials
- Our administrative team recycles toner and ink cartridges
Conservation – Consumption Reduction
- Housekeeping team ensures that all lights and televisions are turned off in all guestrooms
- Our kitchen team ensures that our dish washing machine is clean and that the wash, rinse, and sanitize arms are free from lime buildup
- We ask all meeting/banquet clients if we can use pitchers of filtered water instead of bottled water
- We have installed low-flow water restrictive devices for our faucets, toilets, urinals, and shower heads
- During periods of low occupancy, we have a coordinated plan to “shut down” certain floors or wings, ensuring that heating/cooling units and electrical appliances are turned off
Conservation – Waste Reduction
- We have implemented a linen and towel re-use program
- Our food and beverage team has eliminated the use of all Styrofoam and plastic cups and containers
- Our team encourages guests and clients to use double-sided copying at a reduced two-page cost
- Our administrative team has stopped printing daily reports, equaling an annual savings of paper equivalent to 20 miles
- We encourage guests/clients to send proposals, marketing materials, and contracts electronically
Click Here to read our 10 steps to living Our Big Green
Click Here to read Our Big Green mission statement
Green Meetings Package
In addition to all our standard operational practices aimed at sustainability, we also offer one of the industry’s best and most comprehensive “Green Meetings” packages.
Our Green Meetings Package is uniquely designed to ensure your guests’ attendees are satisfied and that all the goals and objectives of your meeting or event are met while maintaining a focus on environmental sustainability. Our Green Meetings Package includes the following features:
- Function area space lights and air conditioning consumption will be used as sparingly as possible
- Any printed literature will:
- Have expanded margins for greater print area
- Be printed on both sides of the paper
- Note paper will be provided in bulk at the back of the room for those that need it, not at each place setting
- Recycling containers will be located in and around the function space
- Filtered water served in pitchers will be available; bottled water will not be served
- All items will be served in bulk, limiting the amount of packaging necessary
- White boards will be utilized instead of paper flip charts when possible
- No Styrofoam products will be used
- Any pre/post-convention meetings that are hosted will be paperless (all materials will be electronic)
- Locally-grown food products will be served whenever possible
If you have any questions about our Green Meetings package and/or want to want to plan your next Green Meeting with the SpringHill Suites Boca Raton, please e-mail Debbie Ippolito (email@example.com) or call her at (561) 869-8500.